If you are a twitter addict you must be used to the concept of Hashtags and many of you must be using hashtags on Facebook too. But till yesterday Hashtags on Facebook didn’t have same impact as that of twitter.
What are Hashtags?
When you include word or phrase with # it becomes hashtag and the post appears in the hashtag feed.
Hashtags basically goes to a link which shows all the posts related to a particular word or phrase which is used after hashtag. E.g. #Facebook, #Twitter and so on. These hashtags make the posts with hashtags viral and let the social media channel users to view all the posts in one hashtag.
Differences and Similarities Between Hashtags on Facebook and Twitter :
Twitter and Facebook, both are social media channels but the nature, concept of both are totally different. On Twitter everything is expressed in the form of Tweets, the replies, retweets are also in the form of tweets only. So twitter represents one social media channel. So every posts which has hashtag with a keyword is visible in the hashtag related posts. But Facebook has millions of channels with the channel like groups, pages, profiles. And the communication happening on Facebook is in different forms like comments, replies, comments on posts, comments on photos, comments within groups. The privacy options are also different on Facebook.
Recommended Post : How To Get More Shares on Facebook
Facebook Hashtag Privacy:
- Your posts in Hashtag feed will also be visible to the people with whom you have shared the posts.
- Hashtags on Facebook are available on pages, profiles, groups and comments.
- But if the hashtags are used in the comments due to technical limitations, that comment doesn’t appear in the link of all hashtags related to that word used in the comment.
- Hashtags can be used in the Facebook groups too, but if the group is secret the hashtaged post is not public and not visible. I thought hashtaged posts should be visible within the group, but I didn’t notice any such options so far.
- If this feature becomes popular it is going to help in marketing and is going to help in increasing the virality. Facebook is now more useful if you wish to market your product.
Tips for Using Facebook Hashtags :
- Use same hashtags for different social media channels and on Facebook too, to make your brand more popular and viral.
- Search for popular hashtags in the search box and be the part of a big community who is posting the popular hashtags by posting on them.
- Join discussions through hashtags to share thoughts on the topic you like.
- Get more visibility for your posts by using different hashtags in the same post.
Recommended Read -
- How To Set Your Trusted Contacts On Facebook?
- [How To] Install Facebook Home On Your Unsupported Android Device
- Like Pepsi’s Facebook Fan Page And Get A Free Can From Pepsi Like Machine
Have you used the hashtags on Facebook?
How was the experience? Do you think this feature will become popular?
Don’t forget to share your experiences about Hashtags on Facebook.