Social media is a very tricky platform. The constant updates, ever-changing schedules and numerous happenings just one click away. On the flip side, the alarming addiction and data breaches make it the most unsafe place on the internet.
Facebook has its share of fans and haters. Many of you might get tired of all the constant pokes, game requests, updates about every second of someone’s life and creepy messages. After all this, you think that’s it! Now is the time to permanently delete your Facebook account.
If you want to gain access to your Facebook data it is recommended that you download your Facebook information. Follow these steps to download a copy of your Facebook information.
- On any Facebook page, click on the top right drop-down button and click ‘Settings’.
- In the menu, click on General.
- Then select, Download a copy of your Facebook data at the bottom of the page and choose what all you want to download and choose other options like photos quality, time range etc.
- Finally, click on create file.
Once you put the request to download your entire Facebook data, it will take some time to prepare the entire backup of your Facebook data. Once it ready you’ll get a notification and you can download entire data in form of a ZIP file.
Steps to follow for permanently deleting a Facebook account.
- Go to this Facebook Account Delete page.
- Enter your Facebook account with your email id and password.
- A message appears with the option to Delete Account, click on it.
- A pop-up will appear invoking you to enter your password one more time.
- A captcha code will appear. Enter the given characters carefully and click Ok.
- You will receive a message displaying Permanently delete account. Click Ok.
Now your Facebook account has been permanently deleted. You will not be able to gain access to any of your old data using your old ID.